Good manners are very necessary to have for a person in order to live a happy, disciplined and peaceful life as well as get success in any field. Teachers generally assign their students to write something (paragraph, short essay or long essay) on good manners in the classroom during class tests or exams. It is a nice topic which can help students to be aware of all the good manners as well as encourage them to inculcate such manners.
Short and Long Essay on Good Manners
Essay 1 (250 words)
Good manners can be defined as behaving well with courtesy and politeness to show correct public behavior to the people living in society. Some of the good manners are like polite, courteous, humble, respectful and well-cultured social behavior found in some people. Any of the men or women are distinguished and recognized in society by his/her good manners. A person is known in society not only for his intelligence but also for his behavior and manners.
Importance of Good Manners in our Life
Good manners are very important in our daily and every parent must teach their children good manners and the importance of them in life. Good manners are required to create an effective interaction with friends as well as make a good impression on them. It helps us to remain positive throughout the day.
We must use magic words like “sorry”, “please”, “thank you”, “excuse me”, etc whenever required without getting late in order to maintain a happy relationship. Parents must help their kids to essentially practice such words to behave well in everyday life. These words show the feeling of sorry, happy, appreciation and respect to the people.
Good manner opens the door to a new conversation with people and opportunities in life. If someone talks to you with rudeness, don’t talk him in his way, just talk him in your way of behaving well as rudeness creates rudeness.
Practicing good manners is necessary to be a great and noble personality in society. It maintains the positivity in our soul and mind. Our good behavior shows our ideal force of character. We should show respect and reverence to people to create positive interactions.
Essay 2 (300 words)
Good manners are very necessary for life as they help us to behave well in society with people as well as help us to maintain a smooth, easy and positive relationship. Good manners help us to win the heart of people in the crowd and give us a unique personality.
Good manner makes us person of pleasing and obeying nature which is genuinely loved and appreciated by all in society.
What are Good Manners
A person with good manners shows respects towards feelings and sentiments of people living around. He/she never differentiates people and shows equal regard and kindness to everyone whether elder or younger than him. Modesty and courtesy are the essential traits of a well behaving person. He/she never feel proud or arrogant and always take care of the feelings of other people. Practicing good manners and following them all through the day bring sunshine and add qualities to life. He/she always becomes mentally happy as good manners enrich his/her personality.
Teaching good manners to all the students is a boon to them and the country from parents and teachers as they are a bright future. Lack of good manners among youths of the country leads them on the wrong path. Practicing good manners cost nothing but pay us a lot all through life. Some of the good manners are like:
- Thank you: we must say thank you whenever we receive anything from someone.
- Please: we must say please while requesting for something to others.
- We should always support people who are in pain.
- We should always accept the mistakes and say sorry without hesitation.
- We should be disciplined and punctual in daily life.
- We should always compliment others for their good behavior and qualities.
- We must listen to people very attentively who are talking to us.
- We should take permission before touching or using the things of someone else.
- We should always respond with a smile to other’s questions.
- We should never interrupt between the meetings of elders and must wait for our turn.
- We must be respectful to the elders (whether in family, relationship or neighbors), parents and teachers.
- Excuse me: we must say excuse me while getting attention for something.
- We must knock the door before entering to other’s home or bedroom.
Good manners are vital to us for getting popularity and success in life as nobody likes a mischief person. Good manners are like a tonic to the people living in society as practicing them takes nothing but benefits a lot of whole life. People with polite and pleasant nature are always asked by a large number of people as they put magnetic influence over them. Thus, we must practice and follow good manners.
Essay 3 (400 words)
Good manner is very significant to the people living in society. People can be benefited from good manners in many ways at home, school, office or other places. People with good manners must have courtesy, politeness, and respect for others and themselves too. A good manner is all in which we behave well with others with humble respect. Bad behavior never gives happy feelings to self and others. Just think how sad and disrespected we will feel when someone is talking to our friend and turning his back to us.
Good mannered people are always liked and get respect and fame in the society as they behave well in the same manner with all (good or bad). They consider the feelings of other people and always become kind. Teachers teach the lesson of good manners to their students in the classroom and instruct them to follow all that at all places forever. Parents also should help their kids at home to learn good manners properly as what kids learn in their childhood carry all through life. We must first behave to others like what we wish in return from others. According to the Golden Rule, “We should treat people the way we would like other people to treat us”. If we treat people with respect, we too will be treated in the same way by them.
Following good manners everywhere we go, we can better encourage people to behave well in the same manner to everyone. Some of the important good manners we can practice in our daily life are like:
- We must learn the habit of sharing (but not grabbing) things to others.
- We should be helpful, polite and humble to others at all places.
- We must use ‘sorry’, ‘please’, ‘thank you’, ‘excuse me’ and ‘time wish’ whenever required.
- We must respect the property of others and always take permission before using it.
- We must help our family members in completing their chores.
- We must be responsible and self-dependent for everything whether at home or outside the home.
- We must behave well with humble respect to our teachers, parents, other elders and senior citizens.
- We should not interfere with the elder’s talk and must wait for our turn.
- We should hold the door open when someone is coming in and must hold his/her load if he/she is carrying something.
- We should maintain cleanliness at home, school, and all other public places.
- We should not use offensive language to others at home or in public places.
- We must leave the seat for senior citizens while using public transport.
- We should never make fun of anyone as everyone has feelings and respect.
- We should not use mobile phones unnecessarily while being in a group or public place.
- We should chew food properly and don’t talk to anyone while eating.
Following good manners not only increase respect in people’s mind but also make us pleasant from inside. It creates a good impression in society, school, sports team, friends group, and family. Life becomes much more pleasant day by day. Practicing good manners take nothing but gives much more all through life. We must practice good manners as well as encourage others to practice for the welfare of oneself, family, society, and nation.