The term family is used for a close group of people staying together, often sharing the resources among themselves. The individual responsibilities in a family are assigned to every person and he/she complies with them. The family could be small called a nuclear family or large called joint family. My family is a nuclear family consisting of my parents and a younger brother. One thing about my family that amazes me is that we are extremely well connected even when we are separated by distance.
Long and Short Essay on My Family
Essay 1 (250 words)
My family is a big joint family however a happy family. My whole family lives in Varanasi. My family includes various members like grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunt, cousins. My joint family contains three big nuclear families in which a common grandparent and three parents with their many children. There are many advantages and disadvantages of the joint family which I have mentioned below.
Here are some advantages of the joint family:
- It provides a better pattern of living which highly contributes to the proper growth.
- The joint family follows principles of equitable economy and teaches quality discipline to respect and share the burden of other members.
- Members of the joint family have an understanding of mutual adjustment.
- In a big joint family, children get a happy environment and same age group friends forever thus a new generation of the family goes better in the study, sports, and other activities without any hesitation.
- Children developing in the joint family develop the feeling of camaraderie means become more sociable and free from any discrimination.
- Members of the joint family become responsible and disciplined as well as everyone follows the orders of the head of the family.
There are some disadvantages too of the joint family which is mentioned below:
- Sometimes because of the lack of proper rules in the joint family, some members live as parasites and become habitual of feeding on other’s income. They start exploiting other good and innocent members of the family.
- In some cases, high status and money earning members of the joint family generally insult low status or low money earning members.
- Sometimes, members earning more money give higher and good study to their kids in the costly schools however never share the burden of study of kids of low income members so there may be feelings of discrimination among children of joint family.
- There is a big chance of separation in the joint families because of the imbalance of feelings of generosity, brotherly love, and feeling of oneness.
Essay 2 (300 words)
A small family having one set of parents with two children is called a small nuclear family. A family having one set of parents with three or more children is called a big nuclear family. A family having many sets of parents with their children is called a joint family. My family type is a big nuclear family having six members, mother, father, two brothers, and two sisters. I live with my family and be very happy.
People in the family become very caring and give proper guidance from time to time. My grandparents live in the village in their home where we go on our summer vacation and enjoy a lot. Both, my grandfather and grandmother care me and my brother, sisters, a lot. They generally tell us nice stories in the night which we really enjoy. We enjoy every moment with them and catch the moments into my mobile.
My parents love and care for my grandparents very much and always take care of their needs. They give lots of needed things to them whenever we go to the village. My parents talk to my grandparents on mobile almost every day. I am so lucky and feel very happy to have such lovely and careful members of my family. I really miss my grandparents when I get returned to my home.
My mom is very sweet and loves and cares for us a lot. She always gives us a tasty breakfast and lunch every day. She cares a lot for my father and him too. She tells us about all the Indian culture and traditions in order to pass to the next generation. We happily celebrate every festival with my grandparents in the village and give nice gifts to each other. We live an advanced lifestyle in the city however really enjoy the countryside lifestyle in the village. Both, my mom and dad help us all in doing homework. We enjoy a nice get together in the evening at the dinner table and spend some time with each other on the ground.
Essay 3 (400 words)
My Family is the lovely family of the world and an important unit of the society. A small or a big family become of great importance to its members and considered as the strongest unit of society because various families together make a nice society. A family becomes the first school to the children where they receive all the cultures, traditions and most importantly the basic values of life. A family plays a great role in teaching good manners and habits to the newcomers in the family. It helps in nourishing a better character person in society. I am really feeling my good fortune to be born in a small nice family where I learned everything in early childhood.
Actually, I belong to the middle-class family having six members (mother, father, grandparents, me and my younger sister). Every one of us follows the orders of my grandfather because he is the head of the family. We really respect and enjoy his commanding position in the family. He is a great person because he had performed various adventurous activities in his time. He always thinks about our wellness and takes the right decision for us. His decision becomes final in all the family matters. He sits on the front chair on the dining table.
He takes our class in the early morning and evening to teach us Indian cultures and traditions. He is a very cool personality and friendly person of the family however every one of us does not have dare to go against him. He is a very effective person and wins everyone’s heart through a nice talk. He is very old however helps us in doing our home works because he was a teacher. He teaches us about the tools of success in life such as discipline, punctuality, cleanliness, morals, hard work and continuity.
My grandmother is also a nice woman and tells us nice stories every night. My father is the principal of the school and likes discipline very much. He is very punctual, sincere and hardworking in nature. He teaches us also that when you eat time, time will really eat you one day so never waste time and use it in positive ways. My mom is a sweet and very simple housewife. She cares for every member of the family and makes a happy environment in the family every day. She gives special care to the grandparents and kids as well as always helps poor and needy people in the society. We have always been taught from our childhood to love and respect elders and help needy people on the way. My sweet small family is really full of love, care, peace, prosperity, and discipline.